Harpsichords, Pianos and a Clavichord
31 Jul 2021 @ 13:00 BST (GMT +01:00)
Acclaimed harpsichordist and conductor Jory Vinikour returns to our online events programme to give an informal tour of his extensive collection of keyboard instruments in Chalon-sur-Saône, in the heart of Burgundy. In this double-bill online event, you will meet a collection of keyboard instruments, including:
- Rubio, Franco Flemish harpsichord copy (ca. 1975)
- Italian harpsichord, after Baffo (Parmalee, 1985)
- Clavichord, after Hass. Tom and Barbara Wolf (1993)
- Pleyel harpsichord (ca. 1950)
- Revival harpsichord by Anthony Sidey (1968)
- Bösendorfer piano (1846)
- Erard piano (1843)
Jory will perform and discuss works from various style periods selected to showcase the characteristics of each instrument. Do not miss this rare opportunity to see a live demonstration of such a unique collection of instruments delivered by a highly engaging and accomplished presenter!
The event will take the form of an informal lecture-performance and will be divided into two parts, the first taking place at 13:00 - 14:30 BST (GMT + 1) and the second at 15:00 - 16:30 BST (GMT + 1). The session will be recorded and all participants will receive a link to download the video. Therefore, if you are unable to attend the session on the day, you will still be able to watch the video at your convenience.
Discounted tickets are available to Online Academy subscribers. Please sign-in to your account and the discount will be automatically added at the check-out. If you are not an Online Academy subscriber and would like to find out more about subscription options then please click here for further information.
Jory’s debut in our online events programme was part of our Piano Day festival in which he gave a performance-lecture on the workings of the harpsichord and Baroque style featuring works by Bach, Couperin, Rameau and Scarlatti. Here’s what participants had to say about this session:
- "So inspirational. I did not appreciate how expressive the harpsichord can be and your performance has been a wonderful opportunity to discover how it can be made so, Thank you so much!"
- "Speechless...I’m learning SO much today. Thank you for this incredible Baroque presentation and for introducing us to Jory. Will definitely check out his Goldberg Variations!"
- "Jory Vinikour was inspiring. I have always liked the harpsichord, but never knew it could sound so expressive."
- "Jory was an absolute delight and what a fabulous selection of repertoire was featured! I also loved the intimate style of the performance combined with commentary and would love to see further presentations of this nature by Jory!"
The following is an excerpt of the recording from this event:
Jory also has an extensive collection of albums available to listen to on Spotify. Click here to view his profile.
Click here to subscribe and save 40% on this product!