Practising the Piano - Online Academy
Welcome to the Practising the Piano Online Academy, the ultimate online resource for pianists, teachers and anyone seeking to master the piano. Please click here to find out more or click here to subscribe.
Scales & Arpeggios - Basic Introduction
Arpeggio playing relies on similar technical skills to scale playing, only an arpeggio is more demanding. A scale is built up of eight notes per octave (counting the key note twice), the arpeggio four (for major or minor). Thus, arm and whole-body movements are much quicker in an arpeggio. The...
Ken Johansen is a pianist, teacher, and writer based in Baltimore, where he teaches at the Peabody Conservatory. His most recent projects include the iPad sight-reading app Read Ahead, and the series From the Ground Up for the Online Academy....
£0 / month
- Read up to five subscriber articles
- No credit card required
- Access eBooks and updates
Purchase an annual subscription to the Online Academy and get everything in Standard plus:
- Complete Practising the Piano Multimedia eBook series in four parts (valued at £36)
- Complete Annotated Study Edition bundle and updates (valued at £20)
£79.99 per year (approx $0.00 USD) and a once off payment of only £20!
* Approximate values based on current exchange rate, actual USD amount may differ depending on your card provider.