Informance publishes digital resources for musicians and teachers, including eBooks, video lessons, online courses and enhanced editions. Our flagship platform is the Practising the Piano Online Academy, a subscription website featuring a growing collection of 300+ articles and 500+ videos from renowned experts on topics such as technique, improvisation, sight reading, learning pieces, healthy piano playing and teaching.
Featured products & brands
- Practising the Piano Blog - Renowned pianist and pedagogue Graham Fitch’s blog, featuring hundreds of regularly updated articles and posts from Graham and guest contributors with tips on how to practise effectively, learn pieces, improve your technique and much more. Click here to view or click here to join our email list blog and other updates.
- Practising the Piano Online Academy - The ultimate online resource for pianists, teachers and anyone seeking to master the piano. Featuring a comprehensive library of video lessons, articles and resources, it will transform the way you approach playing and teaching the piano. Click here to find out more or click here to subscribe from as little as £9.99 a month or £99.99 per year.
- Practising the Piano eBook series - Given the amount of time an aspiring pianist needs to spend practising, it is very important to know exactly what to do in order to make the best use of this time. This eBook series in four parts will equip you with specific tools to help you every step of the way and will give you concrete skills to learn pieces, solve problems, memorise, and much more. Click here for more information.
- From the Ground Up - A series devoted to learning individual pieces using outlines and reduced scores that help you to practise more effectively, memorize more consciously, and interpret music more creatively. From the Ground Up editions can be purchased as stand-alone products from our store or are also available with an annual subscription to the Online Academy.
- Annotated Study Editions – Inspired by Alfred Cortot’s editions, our series of Annotated Study Editions will provide scores for popular pieces with annotations, fingering, footnotes and links. These scores will show you the best way to go about learning a piece and tackling its associated challenges! Annotated study editions can be purchased as stand-alone products from our store or are also available with an annual subscription to the Online Academy.
- Piano Teachers’ Course Online - Based on modules from the Piano Teachers’ Course UK, this collection of online modules provides world-class guidance and handy tips to enhance your teaching skills and empower your students. The modules are available for purchase individually, as a collection or with a subscription to the Online Academy.