ABRSM Workshop Series - Combined Ticket
This five-part online workshop series by Graham Fitch provides an interactive complement to our guides for the new ABRSM 2021 – 2022 examination syllabus on the Online Academy. In each of the sessions, Graham will look at the following topics for one or more grades:
- Repertoire - Practice suggestions for learning selected pieces in addition to tips on technique, style and interpretation
- Scales & arpeggios – Overcoming technical problems, practice suggestions and tips
- General tips – How to prepare for an exam, practice strategies and dealing with performance nerves
- Sight-reading - How to include sight-reading in day-to-day practice and as part of the weekly lesson
The following video provides a whistle-stop overview of the Grade 5 pieces and gives an illustration of what to expect for repertoire walk-throughs in both the sessions and the accompanying Online Academy resources:
This workshop series will be useful not only for candidates and piano teachers following the syllabus, but also for those who want to learn some exciting new repertoire, make progress with scales and arpeggios, improve their sight-reading, and learn strategies for performance preparation and dealing with performance nerves.
Workshop sessions & dates
The workshops included with this ticket are as follows:
- Part 1 (Grades 1 – 3) - Wed Oct 28th @ 13:00-14:30 GMT (Includes 18 videos with 9 more to follow)
- Part 2 (Grades 4 – 5) - Thurs 5th Nov @ 10:00 - 11:30 GMT (Includes 18 videos)
- Part 3 (Grade 6) – Thurs 5th Nov @ 12:00 – 13:30 GMT (Includes 9 videos)
- Part 4 (Grade 7) – Thurs 12th Nov @ 15:00 – 16:30 GMT (Includes 4 videos)
- Part 5 (Grade 8) – Tues 17th Nov @ 19:00 – 20:30 GMT (Includes 7 videos)
As with all of our workshops, the sessions will be recorded. Included in the ticket price is also the full set of Online Academy video walk-throughs available for the grades featured in each session. Therefore if you're not able to attend on the day, you will be able to watch the workshop in your own time and have access to further value-added resources.
Click “Buy” to save 20% and purchase a combined ticket for all five sessions (Online Academy subscribers are entitled to a further 40% discount - please sign-in before purchasing a ticket to get the discounted price). Alternatively please click here if you would like to purchase tickets for individual sessions.
Workshop sessions & dates
Part 1 (Grades 1 - 3) (28 Oct 2020 @ 13:00 GMT)
Part 2 (Grades 4 - 5) (05 Nov 2020 @ 10:00 GMT)
Part 3 (Grade 6) (05 Nov 2020 @ 12:00 GMT)
Part 4 (Grade 7) (12 Nov 2020 @ 15:00 GMT)
Part 5 (Grades 8) (17 Nov 2020 @ 19:00 GMT)
Other ticket options
A Guide to the ABRSM Syllabus (2021 - 2022)
€115.00 Buy now
Click here to subscribe and save 40% on this product!